Alder Graduate School of Education Residency Program
Âéw¶¹´«Ã½' Alder Teacher Residency
Earn your Master's Degree and Teaching Credential in One Year
Âéw¶¹´«Ã½ has partnered with Alder University to offer a Teacher Residency program!
The AlderWIDE SoCal Teacher Residency at Alder GSE is now open for the 2024-2025 cohort!
This fall, Âéw¶¹´«Ã½ is recruiting a cohort of teacher residents for the AlderWIDE SoCal Teacher Residency. This is an innovative and affordable pathway to a full-time teaching career in our community.
Residents earn their master’s degree and teaching credential in just one year through the Alder Graduate School of Education while joining a supportive, mentor-based program emphasizing social justice and equity. After the residency, graduates receive priority hiring as Bright Star teachers.
- Earning your Master’s Degree and Teaching Credential in one year.
- Apprenticing four days a week with an expert teacher in your residency school.
- Learning within a cohort of peers with whom you will work (and laugh) all year, paving the way to becoming lifelong friends and colleagues.
- Building a relationship with an expert instructional leader in K–12 education, who will advise and support you through one-on-one observation and dialogue.
- Engaging in critical conversations about diversity, equity, and inclusion with your mentor, instructors, and peers.
- Receiving priority consideration for a full-time position upon completing the program.
- Doing all of this at a cost that is affordable and includes financial support.
Applications are now open!
AlderWIDE SoCal Teacher Residency at Alder GSE
~$21,930 tuition (final tuition set in Dec. 2023 for the class of 2025)
- Âéw¶¹´«Ã½ Instructional Assistant Salary - $30,240+/year with vision, dental and health benefits
- Up to $26,000 in state and federal grants for residents from all credential areas
- Up to $40K in federal financial aid/loans and the opportunity to apply for scholarships
- Master's Degree and Credential
- Priority hiring for a full-time position at the school of Residency
Alder Teacher Residency Program Details
KEY ADMISSIONS DATES:
Priority Application Deadlines: October 13th & November 3rd
Additional Deadlines: January 5th, February 2nd & March 22nd
Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree completed by the end of July 2024
- A grade point average (GPA) of 2.65 is preferred; under 2.65 GPA should still apply
- Eligible to work in the United States DACA, permanent residency, US Citizen
Details For the 2024-2025 Residency Cohort:
Âéw¶¹´«Ã½ is looking for qualified applicants in the following subjects:
- Special Education - Mild/Moderate
- Single Subject English
- Single Subject Mathematics
- Single Subject Science
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Natalie Cooke, Associate Director of Recruitment, at firstname.lastname@example.org